Carpenter Ants are one of the most annoying pests that extremely difficult to deal with. Even professionals sometimes find it difficult to deal with these pests. You need to apply several special treatments to get rid of these pests. In this article, we are going to discuss how you could prevent the infestation of carpenter ants in your home.
Carpenter ants are responsible for a lot of structural damage in your home as these pets eat woods. Hence, it is very much essential to keep these pests away from your home. The minute you noticed a carpenter ant, it is necessary to call a professional pest control services provider in your area. But, the question is, how you could prevent carpenter ants from entering your home.
Here are a few preventive measures that you can take-
1. You should patch plumbing leaks, roof leaks of your home along with other moisture problems which can attract the carpenter ants.
2. You need to keep the soil and mulch away from the wood siding of your home, to eliminate the wood-to-ground contact.
3. Carpenter ants can build their nests in the dead tree limbs, so it is essential to trim the tree branches that touching the roofs and siding of your home and removal of dead tree limbs.
4. You should never store firewood in your garage or any other parts of your home as firewood can be a great nesting area for the carpenter ants.
5. Lastly, you should keep your home clean, especially your kitchen and garage areas and remove any clutters that can be a nesting area for the carpenter ants.
These are the preventive measures that you can apply to prevent the carpenter ants from entering your home. But, still, if you see any carpenter ants invasion in your home, then never delay taking help from the professionals.